Film with a View
Held in Datça, Turkey
Dhaka International Film Festival
We are proud to be part of the Programming Team of Dhaka International Film Festival
Climate Action 2016
Climate Action: a filmmaking project looking into the effects of climate change. Held in Svalbard, Norway
Music Beyond Barriers
A cross border musical project bringing young people from across Europe together to explore culture and identity through music and filmmaking
Golden Island International Film Festival, commissioned to Balık Arts, took place in Cyprus in 2014.
Volunteering is at the heart of Balık Arts. Our volunteers learn new skills, and benefit from work experience and training opportunities. If you would like to find out more about volunteering with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for commercial sponsorship for a number of projects, from film festivals to fashion projects. To contact Balik Arts about our current sponsorship opportunities, please email us at email@example.com.
A brief glimpse into our time in Genoa.
Organised by: PECO in association with organisations from Ireland, Spain, France and Romania.
Funded by: Erasmus +
Run in partnership with the Independent Film Trust with support from Cambridge TV
- Bringing together children from different social and cultural backgrounds
- Using filmmaking to explore and share individual experiences about life and living Cambridge
- Developing filmmaking skills as well as social cohesion and understanding
- Overcoming prejudice against the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities in Turkey and UK
- Working together in music and film
- Expanding opportunities for young people
- Film-making skills and activities for children
- Boosting confidence and co-operation
- Completing films to be screened in film festivals
- Assisting NGOs (Non-Governmental Organisations) in Turkey and UK to make links and learn from each other’s experience
- Raising public awareness of Human Rights violations
- Increasing skills within Human Rights NGOs
- Project Partners are: Collective Awareness Association and Karabağlar Municipality in İzmir, Turkey.
- Civil Society Dialogue is a programme bringing together civil society organisations from Turkey and the EU around common topics, to exchange knowledge and experience, and to build a sustained conversation between the organisations. A total of 7 million Euro grant has been awarded to 55 projects focusing on topics in political criteria and media. 142 organisations from Europe and Turkey are joining up for shared objectives around these projects.The Programme is co-financed by the European Union and the Republic of Turkey under the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA). The Ministry for European Union Affairs is the responsible institution for the technical implementation of the programme, while the Central Finance and Contracts Unit is the contracting authority.
“Volunteering for Balık Arts was one of the most invigorating and enjoyable experiences of my life. Initially I did some box-office and publicity duties but this soon blossomed into an international project “Back to the Roots” which took me to Germany, France and Turkey as part of this project. I was even able to represent Balık Arts as a leader in Germany.”
“The work that I’ve done with Balik Arts has been fantastic; I’ve developed skills and gained experience in a world that I would otherwise have had very little exposure to. I’ve had the opportunity to travel and learn at the same time. From both a personal and professional perspective, Balik Arts has become very important to me, and I look forward to any work we do together in the future.”
“I’ve had an unbelievable fun journey with Balik Arts. Due to the opportunities they offer, other participants and l managed to break down the language barriers and made new friends. They helped me understand other cultures, introduced me to delicious foods and due to them l gathered memories that l will cherish forever.”